ANgel Axioma Alcala
Artist. Engineer. Designer.
Artist, Angel Alcala has over 15 years of experience in the Visual Arts world. With a passion for creating a contemplative moment, he’s developed techniques that let him work seamlessly with his client’s organization.
In addition to public Art and Studio Arts, Mr. Alcala has an extensive background in fabrication, design, and engineering capturing images that have won him accolades and awards at a variety of art competitions over the years.
After completing a BFA at Texas A&M University in Kingsville and completing an MFA from the University of Texas at San Antonio specializing in studio Arts, Mr. Alcala has dedicated years to his extended education. He has spent 5 years working on a Bachelors of science degree in Biomedical engineering that helped understand the methods in which Nature creates.
- The University of Texas at San Antonio, Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering
- University of Texas at San Antonio, Master of Fine Arts
- Texas A&M university-Kingsville, Bachelors of Art
- Study Abroad Program, La Escuela de Bellas Artes de la Universidad Autonoma Benito Juarez
- “A Place for Our Thoughts”, sculpture on view, Emma S. Barrientos Mexican American Cultural Center, Austin, Texas, Curated by Herlinda Zamora, 2020.
- “TEMPO 2019 & TEMPO 2019 Convergence, Group Exhibition, Southeast Branch Library & Ed Rendon Park, Austin, Texas, Curated by Anna Bradley, 2019.
- “Fire In The Belly” Blue Star Contemporary Art Center, Group Exhibition, Semmes Library, San Antonio Tx., San Antonio, Texas, Curated by Alex Rubio, 2012.
- “5×7”, Group Exhibition, Arthouse at Jones Center, Austin, Texas
- “Mind & Body” PASA (Public Art San Antonio) Temporary Exhibits San Antonio TX., Solo Exhibition, San Antonio International Airport, San Antonio, Texas, Curated by Tommy Gregory, 2011.
- “Crit Galore”, Group Exhibition, Blue Star Contemporary Art Center, San Antonio, Texas, Curated by The Art Guys, 2010.
- “We Are Not The Only Ones”, Group Exhibition, University of Texas San Antonio Satellite Space, San Antonio, Texas, Curated by MFA thesis exhibition, 2010.
- “Public Art” with Art guys, Group Exhibition, PASA (Public Art San Antonio) Studios, San Antonio, Texas,
Curated by Art Guys, 2010.
- “The one, Two, Three Show” new work from UTSA Grad students & Alumni, Group Exhibition,University of Texas San Antonio Satellite Space, San Antonio, Texas, Curated by Angel Alcala, Gayle
- “Art!!! In The Chamber”, Curated by Karen Evans, Group Exhibition, The Greater San Antonio Chamber of Commerce, San Antonio, Texas, Curated by Edward Hayes Jr., 2009.
- “Best Pound for Pound”, Group Exhibition, 118 Gallery, San Antonio, Texas, Curated by Tommy Gregory, 2009.
- New Media Artist group, Group Exhibition, Luminaria, Arts Night in San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, 2008.
- “Hives, Bombs, & Jellyfish”, BFA Exhibit, Solo Exhibition, Ben Bailey Gallery, Texas A&M University-Kingsville, Kingsville, Texas,2007.
- “Dia De Los Muertos”, Group Exhibition, Brownsville Heritage Museum, Brownsville, Texas, Curated by Charles E. Wissinger,2005.
- Untitled, Group Exhibition, Taller de Rafino Tamayo, Oaxaca, Mexico, Curated by Santa Barraza, 2005.
- “Day of the Dead”, Group Exhibition, Port Isabel Museum, Port Isabel, Texas, Curated by Charles E. Wissinger, 2004.
- OpenIDEO Austin Chapter 2018
- 107 Gallery Committee, 2011 – 2012
- Lullwood Group (Founding Member), 2011 – 2012
- Public Art Specialist (Independent Contractor), 2011 – 2019
- Instructor or Record,University of Texas at San Antonio, 2009 – 2010
- UTSA Satellite Space committee, 2008 – 2010